Click on the arrow below to listen to this story
Imagine enjoying lunch with me somewhere in America on Valentine’s Day and listening as I suggest that before the nation celebrated Independence Day – less than 150 days later – that government, working in cooperation with the mainstream press and social media, would take advantage of an illness with a 99.6% survivability rate to cause widespread panic and:
- Shut down 90 percent of the American economy in all 50 states;
- Destroy more than 45 million jobs;
- Pay unemployed people more to be out of work than to have a job;
- Take away the right to worship, sing songs in churches or even gather for small-group Bible studies in peoples’ homes;
- Eliminate the right to gather in small and large groups, except for government-sanctioned protests;
- Record the license plates of people visiting churches;
- Ban people from visiting sick and dying relatives in hospitals and nursing homes;
- Require businesses to keep a record of customers’ names, addresses and phone numbers;
- Insist upon one-way walking in shopping center aisles and even on sidewalks;
- Lock people in their homes for weeks at a time;
- Barricade playgrounds, remove basketball hoops and dump tons of sand in parks;
- Close public restrooms and rest areas;
- Turn off all drinking fountains;
- Prohibit dissenting opinions and disallow alternative viewpoints;
- Close all schools from elementary classrooms to college campuses;
- Allow teens to get drivers licenses without taking a behind-the-wheel test;
- Close all movie theaters, taverns and gymnasiums;
- Prohibit people from entering banks or getting haircuts;
- Cancel all sporting events, clubs, cultural activities and community celebrations;
- Prohibit people from fishing, buying seeds or even walking on trails; and
- Authorize a handful of “essential” businesses to provide virtually all products from groceries to clothing to household goods.
Then, the moment the economy started recovering from the inflicted sabotage, government would allow and encourage widespread, large-scale protests, vandalism, looting and riots, not because of the imposed lockdown, but because of perceived institutional racism.
As a result, government would blame churches, restaurants and businesses for causing “a spike” in illness cases, and use that as an excuse to:
- Transfer all societal and government control away from elected leaders to unelected health “experts” who contributed 99.999375% of their combined political donations to support just one major political party;
- Dehumanize every man, woman and child by demanding they wear masks all the time in offices, retail stores, outside and even in their own homes;
- Move the goal posts for defeating the illness by no longer focusing on deaths and hospitalizations, but instead zero in on a rising number of people being tested and confirmed “positive” for the asymptomatic illness;
- Allow America’s history to be erased or rewritten;
- Encourage the destruction or removal of statues and monuments;
- Extend the original temporary restrictions “until further notice;”
- Allow protestors to take over neighborhoods or even entire cities;
- Assume trillions of new government debt at all levels;
- Defund police departments and other law-enforcement agencies;
- Release thousands of convicted criminals from jails for “their” safety;
- Fundamentally change the scope of political elections by not allowing campaigns, rallies, conventions or debates, but insist that elections go forward as planned;
- Dictate that the number of polling places be limited, and allow people to vote over a three-week period instead of just one day – still without requiring identification to get a ballot;
- Impose mandatory mail-in balloting with votes counted up to 14 days after the election;
- Propose transferring $16 quadrillion in assets confiscated from people who never owned slaves and given to people who never worked as slaves;
- Intentionally reduce the supply of coin currency or encourage elimination of all paper currency; and
- Take away all hope for a better tomorrow to the point that addictions and suicides rise exponentially without any official concern from government or media; and
- Armed federal agents in unmarked cars would be whisking people off the street.
If I had described that situation during our Valentine’s Day meal, and told you that half the people in America would willingly comply with whatever the television told them to do – even if it meant turning in friends, family and neighbors to government agencies for failing to comply with official edicts – you would have dismissed me as a crazy, right-wing kook conspiracy theorist.
Yet, here we are.
In 2020 America.
While Hong Kong protestors wave the American flag in their fight for freedom; and Venezuelan citizens lamenting the loss of the most prosperous nation in South America warn of the evils of socialism; America’s own citizens are waving banners demanding the destruction of the very institutional foundations that secured their own freedom.
Considering the speed with which all the above took place, when the sun goes down on Dec. 31, 2020, will America still be a free nation?